Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I have started to get the house organised and to pack up a few items we are planning to go to Bowen in a few weeks to show the children where they will be living, check out schools and take a load of stuff up.

Packing up has made the move more real, still torn about going, today I took a break from packing and did some baking and craft.


I made choc self-saucing pudding, homemade ice-cream, meringues and Puff triangles.  You can view the recipes at Bek's family favourite recipes.  Lately I have been getting back into cooking from scratch.  I grew up on a hobby farm and we made most of our sauces, jams, jellies, ice-cream, yogurt, cheese and the list goes on ..... from scratch.  I have been quite alarmed at what additives are being put into foods, especially foods that only have 4 ingredients to make from scratch but the bought product  contains at least 10 ingredients such as ice-cream. 

1 comment:

  1. yum! some great recipes there! those cheesy puff triangles look great! you've inspired me to use some left over puff pastry from my freezer.
    btw baking is therapeutic don't you think? :)

    ReplyDelete